<$BlogRSDURL$>


Saturday, December 27, 2003

I finally saw Bowling for Columbine last night. It was pretty good, I guess. Since I graduated college, I've become less interested in gun control (a lot because Guth has convinced me that it's not as important an issue as I thought). Anyway, the movie is good, but it's not entirely coherent--does Moore think our gun problems are because the media has created a culture of fear, or because we have a strong military? The movie is at its weakest when it is pursuing the latter line of thought (mostly because it's a weak argument), but the "culture of fear" argument is a pretty good one, assuming that the media in other countries are that different. They probably are, judging from what I've seen on BBC. Anyway, I think Steve Gilliard (whom I really like), has some good things to say about gun control in this post (even though the post rambles a bit)





|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?