<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Trippi Out 

Apprently, Joe Trippi has been fired from the Dean Campaign, and I posted this on Pandagon in the comments section:

When I found this out, I felt something--a real feeling of disappointment, not unlike getting dumped. It's not because I was in love with Joe Trippi (although I had my moments of infatuation, like any long-time Dean supporter). It's because, this, finally, signifies the end to a great (well, maybe not-so-great, but definitely "real") political movement, based on real energy and desire.

There were a lot of problems with the Dean campaign, and a lot of projection from the supporters onto the candidate (and, most likely, vice-versa), but to those of us who believed, the campaign really did mean something. "The $100 revolution" became a kind of mantra, and I still believe that it can come true at some point in the future.

But now I think it's clear that Dean's campaign will come to an end sometime in February. Will it be with a bang or wimper whimper (and which would be better for the Democratic Party)? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that this feels like a passing on.

Also, I have no real problem with John Kerry, but I know I'll never get that "fall in love" feeling with him. But that's ok. But I would like Edwards or Clark (or even Dean) to at least put up a real fight in February, so the voters in the upcoming primaries have a real choice in who they vote for.

Oh, and with respect to Kerry, he's the only one of the 4 real candidates that I haven't supported financially (at least in small way). So if he wins I get that extra kick in the pants.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?