<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, February 26, 2004

Objectively Un-American 

From Kevin Drum, I find this article in the National Review online edition. It basically accuses Kerry of being a KGB toady for protesting Vietnam. Kevin explains how this guy's rhetorical techniques mirror those used by groups like the John Birch Society.

David Niewert should be talking about this, not me, but here it goes: It's profoundly un-American to level such accusations. Of course, NR has every right to do so, but I'm talking about the substance. These people (NR editors, that is) don't understand in the least what America stands for, and what America means.

If anything, it means the right (and duty) to go to your government and say, "How can you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

It also means the right, at the same time of strife, so sit on your ass in Texas and snort blow, although there's no sense of duty in that, unlike in what Kerry did.

This stuff pisses me off.

UPDATE: I did my first successful "Trackback" ping on this one! Now, if I could just get those links to go back to the right side of the page and not be way down at the bottom!

UPDATE II: Got the sidebar back :) Lost comments/trackback :(
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?