<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Magnetic Fields 

The Magnetic Fields have a new album out, and the only reason it's not as good as their 1999 opus, 69 Love Songs, is because it lacks that 3-disc set's ambition. It's called "I" and it's brilliant.

Some lyrics:

From "I Don't Believe You":
You tell me I'n not cure
It's truth or falsity if moot
Cause honesty's not your strong suit
And I don't believe you,
I don't believe you
...
I had a dream and you were in it
The blue of your eyes was infinite
You seemed to be
In love with me
Which isn't very realistic
You may sing me "They Were You"
And I start crying halfway through
But nothing else you say is true
So I don't believe you
I don't believe you
From "I'm Tongue-Tied":
I mumble some jumble, you kiss me,
I'm hist'ry
I'm tongue-tied and useless again
This album is even heavier on the, for lack of a better term, gayness (homoerotic would not be the right word) than 69 Love Songs. It has the same wonderful wit and beautifally constructed pop tunes, though. Highly recommended.

They will be playing four shows at the Old Town School of Folk Music in June.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?