<$BlogRSDURL$>


Monday, June 28, 2004

Magnetic Fields/Andrew Bird 

So, yesterday I went to the Magnetic Fields concert at the Old Town School of Folk Music. They were awesome. It's amazing how great a songwriter Stephin Merrit is.

Opening the show was a guy named Andrew Bird. His show was like nothing I'd ever seen before. It was truly mind-blowing, in the sense that I couldn't get my head around what he had just done. It was pretty avant-garde, to say the least. He would play something on violin, then loop it around and around in real time, using some device he operated with his feet. And he would keep looping tracks on top of each other, and eventually play guitar or sing over all the tracks. The idea that someone could do that, and keep time to it perfectly, was a little disconcerting. I think if you click on his website, you can see a video feed of one of his performances. I suggest you check it out if you're in the mood for something interesting and new.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?