<$BlogRSDURL$>


Saturday, December 25, 2004

Badmouthing movies everyone else seems to like 

Well, earlier in the week I told you how I didn't like Hero, which pretty much everyone and their mom thought was some artistic masterpiece. And now, on Christmas, I'm watching Napoleon Dynamite, which pretty much couldn't be less funny. I mean, it almost is funny, and maybe it could be funny, but it's not. The idea, I think, is that we're supposed to laugh because no one in the picture is trying to funny, but to us, it should be funny. It's not.

In any event, I did see the Aviator in the theater today, and it was quite good. Almost great, in fact. But, as Scorsese really hasn't done since Goodfellas, this movie doesn't quite complete itself. It's like he can't quite keep it up for the full 2.5 or 3 hours. Leonardo is quite good, and it's an entertaining movie without a doubt.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?