<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, December 02, 2004

The DNC Chairmanship 

I don't really care who becomes the Chair of the DNC. Well, I do, but I just don't really have any insight into which candidates might be good and might be bad. But, now that the Editors of the New Republicans Republic (the same braintrust that brought you such hits as "Leiberman for President" and "Invade Iraq Now") have come out in full force against Dean*, I think I need to start pushing hard for a Dean Chairmanship.

*Subscription required, I think.

UPDATE: Via pandagon, I see Dean gave a speech at Stanford recently. It convinced me.
Dean urged the Democratic Party leadership to present "an opposition model, a real difference" to the Republican platform. "If you ever want to win again, then stand for something, stand for what you believe in," he said.

Democrats are "bad at messaging" their moral values, which Dean said are rooted in "a sense of obligation to each other." He advocated speaking about charged issues on Democratic terms.

"Instead of fighting about gay marriage, what we ought to be fighting about is that every single American has the same rights as every other American," he said. "We don’t have to debate on their terms, let’s debate them on our terms."
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?