<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, December 23, 2004

Great Moments in the Passive Voice 

Via Steve G., we get a Great Moment in the Passive Voice from former Connecticut Governor John Rowland:
Former Gov. John G. Rowland, who resigned July 1 amid a scandal over his acceptance of gifts and favors from state contractors and others, pleaded guilty this morning in U.S. District Court in New Haven under an agreement that will send him to jail.

"Obviously mistakes have been made throughout the last few years, and I accept responsibility for those," Rowland told reporters after entering the plea. "But I also ask the people of this state to appreciate and understand what we have tried to do over the past 25 years in public service."
Emphasis was added.

My favorite use of this line is from a Simpsons episode where Bart says, "Mistakes were made...by me." I just love that.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?