<$BlogRSDURL$>


Saturday, January 08, 2005

So-So Moments in the Passive Voice 

I haven't found a Great Moment concerning Armstrong Williams and White House payola, but here is a run-of-the-mill corporate malfeasance-type Moment in the Passive Voice, from Franklin Raines, who would have been on the short-list for Treasury Secretary but for these scandals and, of course, the fact Kerry lost:
"I have advised the Board of Directors today that I am retiring as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fannie Mae. I previously stated that I would hold myself accountable if the SEC determined that significant mistakes were made in the Company's accounting. Although, to my knowledge, the Company has always made good faith efforts to get its accounting right, the SEC has determined that mistakes were made. By my early retirement, I have held myself accountable."
As always, emphasis was added...by me.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?