<$BlogRSDURL$>


Friday, February 03, 2006

Stupid Discovery Channel 

Notwithstanding the fact that a friend of mine is newly employed by The Discovery Channel (after some Time-Warner infighting prevented an HBO landing, according to my source), they are pissing me off. I see that Grizzly Man is going to debut on Discovery--cool, right? WRONG. It's not being broadcast on their HD channel, as far as I can tell. What the fuck? You have a documentary widely considered one of the best of the year, and you don't show it in HD? screw that.

Now, Ted Koppel--I have to say it's probably just as well if they don't put him on in HD.

UPDATE: I considered saying this in the original post, and probably should have. Considering that Grizzly Man is mostly this guy's home movie footage (right?), maybe the film quality is such that any upconversion to HD makes no sense. I'm not sure that's true, but it seems it could be true. Also, for clarity, the "source" in the above paragraph and my friend at Discovery are not the same person.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?