<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Concert Review 

[Updated below]

Last night I went to the Bring Em Home Now at the Hammerstein Ballroom to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of the invasion of Iraq and to benefit various veterans groups (viz., Iraq Veterans Against the War and Veterans for Peace). It was a fun time, with all kinds of guests and acts. I'll run through some of them now:

Well, that about it. Overall, very fun with some quality music. Although, the combination of FischerSpooner, Margaret Cho, Peaches, Rufus Wainright and Michael Stipe, it was probably the gayest thing I've been to.* Nevertheless, fun and a good cause.

UPDATE: Robert Farley of Lawyers, Guns and Money (one of my new favorites, and not just because it's named after a Zevon song) posts about anti-war protests in general. I'm virtually certain Guthrie would agree with his post, and I agree with most of it. Check it out.

*other than summer camp, of course. But that doesn't count, right?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?