<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, December 23, 2003

I was listening to Sean Hannity's radio show - actually, a "best of" edition on a Saturday night. A caller called in and made some conservative point - I can't remember what. But this caller was obviously just trying to get on the air - and followed it up by saying "I also want to ask you what you think about the Bush campaign push polling in South Caroling in 2000 - asking people what they thought about John McCain's illegitimate black child." Hannity responded - "I have no idea what you're talking about." And that was the end of that call.

I don't know what to do in a case of dishonesty this profound. I don't want to marginalize talk radio - because the audience is so big, and so much of their anger is real. I think the left makes a mistake when we just call them "liars" and make fun of them - a lot of the people who listen to this should probably be voting for Democrats but they're never going to if they think Democrats just don't respect them. But what can you do? How can you engage this sort of debate seriously? Is there any way for the left to reach through Foxnews and talk radio and reach this audience?




|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?