<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Bush and Homosexuals 

On Andrew Sullivan, ole Sully claims that Bush has not publicly used the word "gay" or "homosexual" in three years. Is this true? And if it is, how in God's name can Andrew Sullivan support this man?

The whole "sanctity of marriage" thing is such bullshit - but I also think it's politically stupid. I may be wrong, but it strikes me that homosexuality is becoming more accepted in society, not less. Does he need to do this to shore up his base? I can't imagine so - why would the Christian right ever abandon Bush and risk putting a pro-choicer in the White House? Or does their hatred of gays trump their concern for unborn children?

It strikes me that this could be one area where Bush takes something of a principled stand and reaches outside of his base. But something really scares me - maybe in Bush's mind, he is taking the politically risky but morally correct stand.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?