<$BlogRSDURL$>


Sunday, February 15, 2004

Bush Comments on A-Rod 

The man who traded Sammy Sosa comments on the trade of Alex Rodriguez to the New York Yankees:

"I was just as surprised as the Yankees and Boston Red Sox fans when I opened my paper today," Bush told NBC at Sunday's Daytona 500. "It looks like a big deal, and it looks like it's going to happen. A-Rod's a great player, and the Yanks are going to be a heck of a team with him in the infield."

Say what? (as the Daily Howler would say). I thought our President didn't read the Newspapers.

I assume what the President meant to say was:

"I was just as surprised as the Yankees and Boston Red Sox fans when Andy Card briefed me about the news today."

Incidentally, I'm not sure what the point of being a baseball fan is anymore. Good work, Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers - you have led baseball one step closer to destruction.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?