<$BlogRSDURL$>


Monday, March 08, 2004

Common Idiocy 

Neil Cavuto provided some more Common Sense today on Foxnews. He said this:

"The media sees a 5.6 percent unemployment rate and calls it bad. I see a 94.4 percent employment rate and I see it pretty good."

I was going to comment on this, but rather, I thought I would post four things below, two of which are other quotes from this commentary and two of which I've made up. Try to guess which is which, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1.) "I hear a good deal about the 1.5 percent of bad priests, but never, not once, anything remotely positive said about the 98.5 percent who are good priests."

2.) "I hear a lot about a few corporate crooks. But I hear nothing about the thousands of publicly listed companies that aren't crooks."

3.) "I hear a lot about millions of people around the world dying of hunger - but never do I hear anything about the bounteous amount of food available in the United States."

4.) "I hear a lot of talk about some African Americans not having their votes counted in the 2000 election - but never do I hear it mentioned by the New York Times that large numbers of minorities, far more than 50%, did have their votes counted."

Answers in the comments...
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?