<$BlogRSDURL$>


Monday, March 29, 2004

An Exceedingly Random Thought I Had.... 

... tonight while watching The West Wing. With the importance of polls in our modern political system, has anyone ever examined the effects of cell phone use on polling? I assume that when polls are conducted, phone numbers are generated from a telephone directory of some sort. However, I'm not sure such a directory exists for cellular phones. (Does one exist now? That article was from three years ago.) There are many people (me, for example) who have no home phone - only a cell phone.

Is there a certain demographic that would tend to use only a cell phone and have no home phone? Are these people being systematically underrepresented in national polling data?

I have no answers to any of these questions.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?