<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, March 18, 2004

Sully 

After a post about the latest outrages (US special counsel proposes removing protection for homosexual workers and Dayton, TN councilman proposes banning homosexuals from town) from the far right, Sully makes an impressive admission:

"I have to say that I have been culpably naive about this administration on this issue. They led me to believe they weren't hostile to gay people, that they would not use anti-gay sentiment to gain votes, that they would not roll back very basic protections for gay federal employees. I was lied to. We were all lied to. But now we know."

Those of us who voted for Nader should agree. We were tricked into thinking this President was a "compassionate conservative" who would govern from the center on social issues. Looking back, I can't figure out why it is that I believed this. As much I dislike John Kerry, I won't be making the same mistake again.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?