<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, August 26, 2004

I'm Voting for Bush 

This settles it. Last year, John Kerry said this at a speech:
I remember well April 1968, I was serving in Vietnam. A place of violence. When the news reports brought home to me and my crew mates the violence back home and the tragic news that one of the bullets flying that terrible spring took the life of Dr. King.
Now, it turns out that JOHN KERRY WAS ACTUALLY IN A BOAT NEAR VIETNAM at the time, and not actually in Vietnam. How can I a man possibly expect to be President when he gave a speech noting the irony that, during the 1960s, there was a lot of violence at home while he was fighting the war abroad, when he fails to mention that at the time he was only on a boat ready to go to war, not actually fighting in a war.

The funny thing is, the above link is to Instapundit, who actually sort of corrects himself and admits that this a "stretch" and not a "lie." (Which, in itself, is at best a "stretch" and more like a "lie.") However, this story apparently came up on Fox News last night - as is noted in these two Corner posts: here and here. I'll let you know if similar corrections are posted there. (In fairness, the second Corner post links to Instapundit.)
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?