<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, November 04, 2004

On the Other Hand 

Below, I quote this Newsweek press release and conclude that Kerry is a man that we should admire. Read that post, and the article.

On the other hand, the article also paints a picture of a man who completely lost control of his campaign early on, and gained control back too late.

And then there's this... I admit I ignored this terrible idea when it was being discussed. Apparently, Kerry was actual considering this. Had this happened, I certainly would have voted for Nader (or perhaps written in Dean). Why? Because I'm a Democrat - I don't vote for fucking Republicans who don't share my values.
The "Outlandish" McCain Offer. Kerry's courtship of Senator John McCain to be his running mate was longer-standing and more intense than previously reported. As far back as August 2003, Kerry had taken McCain to breakfast to sound him out to run on a unity ticket. McCain batted away the idea as not serious, but Kerry, after he wrapped up the nomination in March, went back after McCain a half-dozen more times. "To show just how sincere he was, he made an outlandish offer," Newsweek's Thomas reports. "If McCain said yes he would expand the role of vice president to include secretary of Defense and the overall control of foreign policy. McCain exclaimed, 'You're out of your mind. I don't even know if it's constitutional, and it certainly wouldn't sell.'" Kerry was thwarted and furious. "Why the f--- didn't he take it? After what the Bush people did to him...'"
Of course, this might not be true. But I'd just like to emphasize again what a stupid idea this was if is true. And, honestly, I seriously question the judgment of someone who would consider such an idea - to the point where I wonder if he was qualified to be President after all.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?