<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Everything Fine in Iraq 

Andrew Sullivan links to this Washington Post article and finds it to be a hopeful bit of news from Iraq. Sullivan's "money quote" (emphasis supplied by me):
"I think people will be shocked," said an official of another international organization deeply involved in preparing Iraq's nascent political class for the ballot. The official, who insisted that neither he nor his organization could be identified because of security concerns, said most Iraqis remain intent on exercising their right to elect a government after decades of dictatorships.
I don't know about you, but if the anonymous guy whose organization must remain concealed due to security concerns assures me that everything is going to be fine in Iraq, then gosh darn it I'm convinced that everything is going to be fine.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?