<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Fox and Friends 

I was watching Fox and Friends this morning - and it had been too long since I had checked in with E.D. Hill and the gang. I saw them interview John Podhoretz, about this editorial in The New York Post. And it was awesome. The gist of the editorial:
They say a leopard can't change its spots. Can a one-time Klansman change his, umm, sheets?
The way Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W. Va.) acted this week, it's fair to ask.

Byrd was one of three Democratic senators who used a parliamentary maneuver to delay a full vote on the nomination of Condoleezza Rice to be the next secretary of state.

Rice had been approved by the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee by an overwhelming 16-2 margin. The only "nay" votes were from sore-loser John Kerry and loony lefty Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.).

A full Senate vote was scheduled for last Thursday — the first official business day following President Bush's inauguration.

But Byrd stepped in to block the vote, claiming that Democrats needed more time to "study" Rice's testimony.

Then Kerry and Ted Kennedy jumped in, apparently to give Byrd cover.
When the discussion first started, I had to agree. I don't necessarily think that Robert Byrd voted against Rice because she is black - but it's an abysmal embarrassment to our party and the country that this man is a respected public figure. While it's just a tad hypocritical for the party of David Duke and the late Strom Thurmond to be lecturing us on our racist past, what could a Democrat say when Podhoretz pointed out that Byrd had voted against Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas? Byrd sucks.

But then Brian Kilmeade or one of our friends on Fox brought up the last point - saying something like "and I guess Ted Kennedy and Barbara Boxer are just trying to cover up for Byrd." All four guests nodded in agreement.

As did I. I cannot think of a single reason why anyone in the Democratic party would want to oppose Rice's nomination except for racism or a desire to cover up racism. I think we owe it to the parents of the 1,578 soldiers who are dead in Iraq to unquestionably approve anyone who was involved in the build-up to the war.

Actually, that is not what I did. I nearly vomited from disgust at how four people could be so stupid. In fact, I became so agitated that I turned off the TV in anger - foregoing the upcoming interview with Tara Reid. In retrospect, I really wish I had seen the interaction between E.D. Hill and Tara Reid. God damn it.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?