<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, January 27, 2005

Hillary 

I think I agree with this post on Kos more than I disagree with it (edited for length by me - click on the link to read the whole thing.)
What the fuck is up with all the Hillary bashing around these parts?

To be clear, she's not my favorite potential presidential candidate for '08, but she's also not my least favorite choice.

Yet the more I thought about the personal attacks she endures from people on her own side, the angrier I got.

Look, there isn't a single person that has suffered worse at the hands of the Right Wing Noise Machine and the Corporate Media...

Yet not only has she parried aside those savage attacks, but she has grown and thrived. That is worthy of respect. She is on the front lines against our enemies and doesn't deserve to be ravaged by her own side. She doesn't go on Fox News to attack fellow Democrats, like some of the others do.

You disagree with her vote on Pet Issue X? Fine. Every elected official will vote against one of your pet issues. Expect 100% agreement with anyone and you WILL be disappointed. Heck, there are fools wailing about Obama this and Obama that already, as though any senator or congressman or governor or anyone will ever heed your every wish.

So disagree with actions X, Y, or Z if you must. But the vitriol sent her way here rivals that dished out.
Like it or not, Hillary could have entered the primaries at any point last year and won. She is a popular figure in this party. We very well may find ourselves supporting her, and I for one won't put her in the Lieberman category of Democrats I won't vote for yet.

On the other hand, she sure fucked up the one chance we had to get a good government health care plan. I'm not sure I trust her with the button.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?