<$BlogRSDURL$>


Sunday, February 13, 2005

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 

I saw it last night, and after a morning of reflection, I have to say that this is the best movie I've seen in a long time. It's been so long since I've seen a really great movie for the first time that I was under the impression The Aviator and The Life Aquatic could be categorized as "great". I forgot what it's like to encounter a great movie for the first time - it's all I can think about today.

I love this movie. In a week where we learned that the Ohio legislature is literally attempting to destroy higher education there; in a world where people to continue to kill and starve each other to death - occasionally great art makes a person realize that people are capable of creating things that are beautiful, things that make our miserable, godless existence in this universe worthwhile.

(That's "junior in college, pseudo-intellectual, theatre major Guthrie" talking. Recently, a friend told me how much better I am now than I was then - mostly because I am less arrogant. Sometimes, I think I was a better person then.)
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?