<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Incompetent Democrats, Terrible Republicans 

Explain this to me. I have received about 10 e-mails from loser John Kerry since he lost the election due to his loserness. Many of them focused on forcing Donald Rumsfeld to resign, mostly due to mistakes made in a war that we started more than two years ago and that John Kerry initially supported no matter what he says. Some of them talked about some health care bill of rights that has absolutely no chance of passing. Yet not one mentioned the god awful bankruptcy bill* that will almost certainly pass in the Senate today. Why?

I suppose some time in 2007 I will receive an e-mail demanding the resignation of Bill Frist because of this bill.


*By the way, I haven't had time to study this bill and it might not be that bad. But as pure politics, it seems like it should be Democratic gold - the GOP and some traitorous Democrats apparently voted down amendments to exempt very sick people and veterans, as well as amendments to end the "asset protection trust", which allows rich people to essentially avoid paying their debts - an option not open to the rest of the country.

As a good U of C grad, I realize that if credit card companies think that lower income people can declare bankruptcy to avoid paying their debts, they will simply stop lending money to such people. If people want to avoid having large amounts of credit card debt, might I suggest that they stop charging things on their credit card that they can't afford. Of course, a large number of these same people apparently voted for George Bush because they thought John Kerry was French looking and they didn't like the idea of the gays a marryin'. I have to be honest, I think it's awesome that some of the people who thought this when they voted last time might lose their house because of this bill (although I am sure their simple minds will still, somehow blame the liberal, Hollywood elite). It's too bad a lot of good people will suffer as well.

Apologies for the outburst. I'll go back to not posting for a month.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?