<$BlogRSDURL$>


Monday, May 23, 2005

Good News 

I don't know much about the filibuster deal the Senate just reached - but I do know that the folks at The Corner are pissed whereas Daily Kos seems to think that while the Dems gave up something it's clear Frist lost. It also looks like Dems will have the right to filibuster a Supreme Court nominee, which I think is important. Even if we just delayed the fight - I think that's good. I was reading somewhere the general consensus in the early 1980s was that after a bitter fight over elevating Rehnquist to Chief Justice, the Senate just wasn't ready for another bitter fight and confirmed Scalia easily. That didn't work out so well for Democrats.

In other news, the Reds released Danny Graves. Good. But he got what he deserved so I won't pile it on. Thanks for your years of service to the Reds, Danny. You were awesome in 1999 - what a great year that was. Good luck in your future endeavors.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?