<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Flag Burning 

It looks like it might pass.

Oh, and a Congressman said this:
“Ask the men and women who stood on top of the (World) Trade Center,” said Rep. Randy (Duke) Cunningham, R-Calif. “Ask them and they will tell you: pass this amendment.”
Congratulations, Republicans. You must be very proud to have this patriot in your party.

Also, the minute this amendment passes is the minute the American Flag ceases to have any meaning to me. It will stop being a symbol of anything special or important and will instead become a piece of cloth.

As I have said before, this isn't an issue that can be debated. I think everyone understands the issue. And if you support this amendment, you just don't get it, and there's no point in discussing it with you. You don't appreciate the freedom that thousands have died to protect. I don't so much disagree with you as I feel sorry for you. Not as sorry as I feel for our country, though.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?