<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hillary 

As regular readers (i.e., Goldberg and my mom) know, I have a love/hate relationship with the Clintons. The conservative stereotype of them both - that they are immoral, that they have no principles, that they will say or do anything to get elected - always strikes me as unfair. I was thinking, in fact, of simply getting behind Hillary's bid in 2008 - because she appears smart, decent and would bring simple competence back to the federal government.

Then, she supports an anti-flag burning law. But she's not for the Constitutional Amendment! But it should be illegal. But... I'm literally too confused to follow this line of thought.

As for flag burning, I quote a very wise political analyst...
Flag Burning Amendment

It's back, and apparently the vote will be "razor thin."

I know many Democrats may support it. Apparently, the majority of Americans support it. And God knows Republicans - by and large - support it. All of these people are idiots. If you support the flag burning amendment, you are an idiot. You don't understand anything about democracy. If some of these people are not idiots, they are bad people. If an otherwise smart person supports the flag burning amendment, they are either suffering from a mental disability or they are simply a bad person.

I am embarrassed and ashamed that members of my party will vote for this. I am embarrassed and ashamed that even one American thinks this is a good idea.

That's my contribution to the political discourse today.
Seriously, why would anybody think this was a good idea?
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?